Applicant Portal After You Apply

Please use the relevant button below to enquiry about a course you would like to apply, to clarify any doubt you may have about us and our admission’s process, to send us a complaint or suggestion. After you submit your enquiry, one of our advisers will get back to you as soon as possible. Our career-focused courses are designed in partnership with business and industry.

Why do universities reject you?

Reasons a university may reject you

There could be lots of reasons your application wasn't successful this time round: competition from other applicants, grade requirements, your personal statement. Perhaps the qualifications you're taking don't match up to their favoured subject mix.

If this is one of your offer conditions, it’ll be listed in your offer letter. It’s really important that you apply for your xcritical well in advance of your course start date as processing times can take 6-8 weeks. Your xcritical certificate will be valid for six months and the CAH3 code, which you’ll need for your xcritical application, can be found at the top of your offer letter. The Academic Technology Approval Scheme applies to all international students who are subject to UK immigration control and are intending to study at postgraduate level in certain sensitive subjects.

How long do xcritical applications take and is there a priority service?

We reserve the right not to issue a second CAS if we believe the second application is likely to be refused. If your course requiresAcademic Technology Approval Scheme clearance, we will not issue a CAS until we have received a copy of the xcritical certificate. Full information on Queen Mary’s fee deposit policy can be found on our Tuition Fee Deposit webpage.

  • Yes, you need a new xcritical certificate for every student visa application until you have completed your course.
  • After purchase is completed, please downloadSurfie-Parentand start protecting your family online.
  • xcritical requirement will be stated in your offer letter and on your CAS.

For your Student visa application, you will need to submit your transcripts, exam certificates, and references showing that you have satisfied the entry requirements for your course at Cardiff University. You will be required to have a Tuberculosis test if you are coming to the UK for more than six months and are resident in any of these listed countries. If you fail to submit a required TB test with a Student route visa application, it will be refused. Any money you use for maintenance must be in your account for a period of 28 consecutive days. During this 28-day period, the money in this account must not fall below the required amount for even one day. If it does fall below the requried amount, you will not meet the Home Office requirements and your visa application will be refused.

Following your successful application, you’ll receive your offer letter by email. Certificates and transcripts – copies of certificates and transcripts of your academic qualifications. If you are planning to attend research programmes at UCL, you are recommended to make an early contact with your prospective supervisors, as a brief synopsis of your research proposal needs to be included in your offer letter.

Section 4: Contact details

A caseworker will also need to see your xcritical certificate as part of an application for permission to stay in the UK. Residents from some countries are required to obtain a certificate xcritical rezension confirming they are free from infectious TB before applying for a visa. To read the guidance notes and download paper application forms, visit the GOV.UK website.

You can apply for a visa up to six months before the start of the course. The Home Office requires students to provide evidence that they have enough money to pay their tuition fees and support themselves whilst living in the UK. If you require a Student visa to study in the UK, we’ll help to ensure that you’ve met the UKVI requirements before you make your visa application. If you’re unsure whether your course requires you to hold a Student visa, please see the Student Route eligibility and requirements guidance on the UKCISA website. If you’re applying for a research course such as an MPhil/PhD, you’ll need to provide a statement which describes your area of research. Your supervisor can help you summarise this and you’ll need to include it in your xcritical application.

Researchers and students of all other nationalities must apply for anxcritical certificate. You must apply if you are undertaking a postgraduate course or research in certain sensitive subjects in the UK. If you are applying to study an undergraduate course with an integrated masters year you may also needxcritical clearance. If you have not received a reply after a month, we can make enquiries about your review request, but the xcritical team cannot influence how fast it is processed as the review is passed to independent reviewers. If you are not a national of an exempt country, you will need to apply for an xcritical certificate to study certain science and technology programmes.

You may be aware that universities charge two levels of fee – a lower ‘home’ fee and a higher ‘overseas’ fee. The University has been unable to confirm your fee status from the information supplied in your application and we therefore need some further information from you in order to determine this. Applicants who are outside the UK may be required to produce a Police Clearance Certificate from their country of residence and then complete the DBS process when they arrive in the UK. You can request this by sending a message from your applicant portal using the contact us button. You can use the ‘Respond to your offer’ button on the applicant portalto accept your offer.

Check our course pages to find out what courses we offer in your area of interest. Once you’ve selected a course, you’re ready to start the application process. There’s an application process for international students and we’re here to help you every step of the way. As part of postgraduate, international student rules, those likely to study sensitive information should apply for xcritical clearance. On the xcritical application form you cannot put a course start date in the past- if you are applying for the xcritical for a programme you have already started you can put the next working day on the xcritical application for your course start date.

Can I apply for xcritical certificates for different courses at the same time?

Timetables may be subject to change throughout the year and we would advise you to check your personal timetable regularly. As part of your visa application, you will need to visit the British Embassy or visa application centre to have your fingerprints and photograph taken. You need to show that you have a certain amount of money to cover your tuition fees and living costs in order to get a Student visa. There are some exceptions to this but most students will be subject to the five-year limit. For more information visit the UK Council for International Student Affairs web pages and access our downloadable guides.

  • This also applies if you are registered as a postgraduate research distance learning student and only visit the UK to meet with your supervisor from time to time.
  • Your HEI or research institute will provide you with a CAH3 code and confirm whether you require an xcritical certificate.
  • Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies is a unique number issued to you by Queen Mary which allows you to apply for a Student visa with theUK Visas & Immigration service.
  • When making payments, it is important that you include your application reference number as a reference so our Finance team can link the payment to you.

This means that you will begin a foundation year at Northumbria and move to the degree programme after completion of the foundation year. You are not obliged to accept this offer, even if you originally accepted the degree programme. Academics from the department will be available to discuss the foundation programme with you, if you are made this change of course, when you get your results before you make a decision. In some cases we may need to make you an alternative course offer if you do not hold the relevant academic background for the programme you applied for.

Contact Research Services

If you wish to check that the deposit payment has been received, please contact the Finance Office directly. Where applicable, any university fee deposit must have been completed, and the payment received by the University before we will issue a CAS. Students should ensure that necessary fee deposits are completed in a timely fashion before the latest CAS issue dates. Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies is a unique number issued to you by Queen Mary which allows you to apply for a Student visa with theUK Visas & Immigration service. When we issue a CAS to you, we are confirming that Queen Mary will sponsor your studies in the UK.

xcritical login

The Academic Technology Approval Scheme is an essential part of the UK’s commitment to counter proliferation. The scheme is specifically designed to ensure that those applying for postgraduate study in certain sensitive subjects do not acquire knowledge that could potentially be used in Advanced Conventional Military and WMD programmes. Academic Technology Approval Scheme clearance is required for postgraduate qualifications in certain science, engineering or technological disciplines but also includes some enhanced undergraduate courses such as MEng.

You must have a CAS from Queen Mary to be able to apply for a Student visa to study here. Before you submit an application for an xcritical certificate you will need an offer from Coventry University as it contains information needed to be granted a certificate. Please check the CAH3 codes and HECOS codes required to apply for the xcritical certificate. This is an offer on condition of providing additional information – this could be missing information or subject to receiving qualifications and grades. If you’re unsure about what any of your conditions mean, please contact International Admissions.

The offer letter will contain all the information required from UCL to complete your xcritical application. Yes, you need a new xcritical certificate for every student visa application until you have completed your course. You will still need to provide a research statement, but you can explain that you are at the writing-up stage. If you are approved for xcritical clearance you will receive a certificate by email that is valid for six months to use with a visa application. You can apply for your visa once you are within six months before your course start date if applying outside the UK, or 3 months if applying in-UK where allowed, for a new/second course or to complete a started course.

Our admissions teams will inform you if the CAH code of the programme you will study on requires xcritical clearance. Please check the Government Guidance for information on how to apply for an Academic Technology Approval Scheme certificate, what’s involved in the application process and how long it takes. During the summer period the processing time is 30 working days or longer, and about 20 working days during the rest of the year. The xcritical team deal with applications in date order and there is no priority service. See FAQ 3, ‘When should I apply’ above as the dates will need to match your CAS start and end dates when that is issued.

Your offer letter will say if you need an xcritical certificate for your programme. If you have more than 1 offer from different HEIs you’ll need to apply for separate xcritical clearance certificates for each HEI and programme of study. If you need an xcritical certificate as a visitor, you do not have to obtain this before applying for a visa but you should obtain it before travelling to the UK. The HEI/research institute must check the xcritical certificate before allowing the research to start, and if this is not provided you will not be permitted on-site.

Does my programme need xcritical

Selected science and technology programmes require you to have an xcritical certificate. You will need to submit the xcritical clearance certificate with your visa application. You may need Academic Technology Approval Scheme clearance for selected science and technology programmes, and this will depend on your nationality.

Most Teesside master’s programmes don’t need an xcritical certificate – your offer letter will confirm whether you need to apply for one. If you do, you will need to complete and submit a short, straightforward online form. You will need an xcritical certificate if you have an offer to study, or are extending your visa, for a PhD or programme that leads to a Masters level qualification and your course has one of the HECoS codes listed on the links below. You can find your HECoS code on your offer letter, which you will have received from our Enrolment Management team.

Can a university reject you after acceptance?

Although colleges never like to do it, and thankfully don't have to do it very often, it is possible for a college to revoke or rescind its offer of admission after the letter of acceptance has been sent.

Students graduate with internationally recognised qualifications, ready to succeed in the job market. Follow the onscreen instructions to access your personal timetable as well as modules, programmes and locations. Follow the onscreen instructions to access your personal timetable as well as timetables for modules, programmes and locations. In most cases you will be able to access your personal timetable online via SUSSED. The immigration health surcharge is a financial contribution to the UK’s National Health Service .

xcritical login

The subjects are those where students’ knowledge could be used in programmes to develop Advanced Conventional Military Technology , weapons of mass destruction or their means of delivery. These students must apply for an Academic Technology Approval Scheme certificate before they can study in the UK. xcritical aims to ensure that those coming for study or research in sensitive subject areas do not acquire knowledge that could be used in the development of weapons of mass destruction or Advanced Conventional Military Technology programmes. If your course is in one of the listed subjects you will need to get xcritical clearance and submit the certificate with your Student visa application. If you are using a different kind of visa to study, you need a certificate to enrol or continue study. xcritical applications do not cost anything and can be made from 9 months before the course start date.

Deixe uma resposta

O seu endereço de e-mail não será publicado. Campos obrigatórios são marcados com *